In the first episode of my brand new venture, I discuss the three things budget travelers should always keep in mind as they plan their trip. Below are the show notes.
#3 – Money Always Matters
- Are we chasing rewards or loyalty perks we’ll never use?
- We want to be sure our cost outlay is less than the perks we are seeking
- Ideally, we’ll save money and maximize value at the same time
- These two don’t always work in tandem
- I give an example of how in the episode
- I’ll always take guaranteed savings today instead of hoping to maximize value later
#2 – Always Sign up for Loyalty Programs
- This is a must even if your goal is not to climb tiers or initiate longterm loyalty
- Good deals can still be had via email promotions direct from companies
- If you’re worried about spamming your normal email, create a separate email account solely for travel purposes
- Often, you can save valuable travel time by having information stored ahead of your trip
- I talk about how I got in and out of an otherwise busy Budget location in the episode
#1 – Always Be Rebooking
- I wrote about this in a separate piece altogether
- This is the easiest way for budget travelers to save significant money with relative ease
- Always know the terms and conditions of your rate before making any changes
- I like to check rates once a week on different days
- I’ve saved hundreds on individual trips by rebooking hotel stays and car rentals
I hope you enjoyed the first episode of the Travel Fanboy Podcast. I love hearing your feedback, so drop me a comment or an email if you’d like to share your thoughts!